December 12, 2016
As the Holiday Season is upon us, I find myself reflecting on the past year on team members who have helped to make the Village of Cass City the wonderful place that it is. Because of this, I realized one of the real joys of the Holiday Season is the opportunity to say Thank You and to wish you the very best for the New Year. I would especially like to thank the following:
- The residents of the Village of Cass City - Although the Village residents are not technically part of the Village team, they are the life-blood of the Village. They are what keep the Village team inspired and encouraged to continue their hard work and dedication to providing services and safety. Without each and every one of the Village residents, their hard work, their ideas, and their input, Cass City would not be what it is and more importantly, what it will be in the future.
- The Municipal Office Staff – You are the very first voice and face of Cass City to the public, residents, and visitors. Thank you for your kind, caring assistance, and warm, friendly nature.
- The Village Clerk/Treasurer – Thank you for your dedicated commitment and service. Because of your dedication and commitment to the Village finances and records, you are a valued member of our team. Moreover, you are the wisdom and drive behind making the Village’s ideas and future plans become a reality.
- The DPW and Water Department Staff – I appreciate the work you do to keep our water and our streets clean and safe. Every year, you go above and beyond your duties in order to make the Village a better, safer, and more desirable place to live. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.
- The WWTP Team – Thank you for the extremely high standards to which you adhere. They are deeply appreciated. You are special members of this team and the final step in keeping our environment safe.
- The Police Department – Thank you for your continued dedication and service. The entire Village benefits from your community policing philosophy. Thank you for the many families you assist and for your dedication to enforcement of the law and the safeguard of the Village’s residents and liberties.
- The Parks and Recreation Department – Thank you for keeping our park system a jewel and for handling the many programs available to the community. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication with the swimming pool and day camp, as they are special to us all.
- Thanks also to the many volunteers who serve on our Boards and Commissions to help make Cass City a better community in which to live.
- Many thanks go to the Chamber of Commerce and their volunteers who work tirelessly to bring many exciting events to our community.
- A very important part of our team is our leaders – the Village Council and President. Your policies and decisions make Cass City the Shining Star of the Thumb.
I look back at this past year and feel this team is working together better and better. May the Holiday Season bring only happiness and joy to you and your loved ones.
God Bless You,
Peter J. Cristiano, Village Manager